Thursday 4 May 2017

Hip Priest



I have been a little bit distracted this week, been busy with work and getting things together for the coming weekend so the posts have been even less interesting than usual so I apologise.

When I heard of the passing of Jonathan Demme my initial thought was when I and my girlfriend at the time saw Silence of The Lambs and my utter amazement hearing snatches of Hip Priest during the climax of the film. Needless to say my girlfriend was rather less bothered and a bit perplexed by my reaction.

The Fall - Hip Priest (Peel Session)

1 comment:

Echorich said...

Demme cut his teeth directing episodes of Saturday Night Live and music was always an important part of his films - integral really. I remember having a similar reaction when I realized The Fall made the cut.