Saturday 9 March 2013

Bleeding Heart


 
With yet another exploitative release of studio out-takes hitting the shops,  I thought that I would post a track from the first Hendrix compilation I ever bought, the imaginatively titled Jimi Hendrix Concerts.

I bought this album in 1982 from HMV in Birmingham city centre, the first time I had ever been in one. That weekend saw a few firsts for me, first time in Birmingham, first time in HMV and the first time I had ever watched football from anywhere other than the terraces. Our old next door neighbours had moved down to Tamworth and when we went down to visit them that weekend Jim, who worked for a company who had a box at Villa Park and thought that we would enjoy the experience took us to the game as the guests of the company. It was alright but I would rather have been out on the terracing with the other proles.

Jimi Hendrix - Bleeding Heart (Albert Hall 24/02/1969)

1 comment:

Walter said...

Exactly - watching football in the box is not the way you should. Me also like to stay with the proles